Cohousing Architect Training Program!
Caddis Collaborative and Schemata Workshop present:
A training program designed for architects or architecture students who want to design community-driven housing skillfully.
It’s a program designed for architects who want to design community-driven housing. The program will include:
- Convenient online resources
- Learn at your own pace
- Monthly deep dives led by a cohousing professional
- Access to our Learning Library
In 6 months, you will:
- Gain tools to design successful community-oriented neighborhoods
- Learn from professionals with experience designing for multi-family housing
- Collaborate with other architects and share ideas
- Build a network of people who are interested in Cohousing
- Develop the tools to catalyze a project in your area
- Be ready to partner with a cohousing architect or cohousing developer on a forming community.
Led by Grace Kim, Schemata Workshop, and Bryan Bowen, Caddis Collaborative, renowned cohousing architects. Grace and Bryan work with communities around the world to design and build neighborhoods that thrive.
- Applications Due: June 4, 5pm PST
- Notification for Possible Interview: By June 8, 5pm PST
- Possible Interviews: June 11 – please hold the date
- Notify Participants of Acceptance: June 14, 5pm PST
Our 2021 Program begins in July 2021
- July 24th – What is cohousing/ How to talk about it / Group Process
- August 28th – Site Programming
- September 25th – Common House Programming
- October 24th – Unit Design Programming
- November 14th – Design integration / Design Development
- December 12th – Facilitation and working with facilitator